Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Washington Girls Middle School. LWGMS offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package in a stimulating and dynamic academic community.
Lake Washington Girls Middle School invites your interest in the position/s posted below. Please review the position descriptions for application procedure information.
There are no openings at this time.
ABOUT LAKE WASHINGTON GIRLS MIDDLE SCHOOL
Lake Washington Girls Middle School serves approximately 110 students in grades six through eight. Founded in 1998, the school is housed in a historic building in central Seattle, just a few minutes from the downtown core and from Lake Washington and one block from the vibrant Capitol Hill neighborhood. The School has an innovative and holistic approach to educating adolescent girls—fostering academic excellence, creative confidence, positive risk-taking, and the development of individual talents. Academic core curriculum is enriched and stretched by a focus on performance and public speaking, an integrated arts program, a STEAM curriculum, and an outdoor education program. Social-emotional learning is essential and inherent in all that we do. Faculty and staff collaborate in developing, planning, and implementing programs, and our values of “Respect and Responsibility” infuse the school’s culture.
SCHOOL AT A GLANCE
- Located in Seattle’s Central District
- Founded in 1998 - the first girls middle school in the Pacific Northwest
- 110 students in grades 6-8
- Average class size is 18 students
- Office Hours: 8:00a - 4:30p
- Approximately 23 Faculty/Staff, plus specialists and guest instructors
- 57% of students are people of color
- 35% of faculty/staff are people of color
- Annual budget of approximately $2M
- 25% of students receive tuition assistance
- Six interscholastic sports with a 90% participation rate
- Ten student-led clubs and after-school classes
- Summer programs for girls in grades 4-11
- Member of NAIS, NCGS, NWAIS, and WFIS
Lake Washington Girls Middle School is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable state and federal fair employment practices and laws. Lake Washington Girls Middle School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual identity, gender identity, family composition, or any other characteristic protected under applicable state and federal laws in administration of its hiring or employment policies.