LWGMS Annual Gala – A celebration of 20 years!
Each spring an annual gala is held to celebrate L-Dub and support the financial aid fund, separate from the Fuerza Fund. The gala features auctions, speakers, entertainment, and much more.
When & Where:
Friday, May 18, 2018
115 Bell Street | Downtown Seattle
LWGMS’s efforts to make our program as accessible to as many students as possible so they are empowered to be strong in mind, body, and voice.
6:00p Cocktail Reception and Brian Smale P’18 Photography Exhibition; registration open at 5:30p
7:00p Ballroom opens for seating and dinner
7:30p Program featuring alumnae...
- Jamie Keene '08, policy analyst in the Mayor’s Office in Washington, D.C., former Political Appointee, White House Council of Economic Advisers of the Obama Administration, and Smith College graduate;
- actor Rachel Kaftan ‘13, Franklin High School graduate, finalist in the 2016 National August Wilson Monologue Competition, and theatre student at Loyola Marymount University;
- Washington State Running Start at Seattle Central College and Seattle poet Azura Tyabji ‘14, one of 10 young poets competing at the Youth Speaks Seattle 2018 Grand Slam;
- and Savannah Blackwell '17, Franklin High School freshman and lead of the the FHS Drama Program’s Spring Musical The Wiz.
8:30p Raise the Paddle...then stay and mingle!
- Remarks from Head of School Patti Hearn
- Raise the Paddle for the Financial Aid Fund hosted by Auctioneer Laura Michalek
- Benefitting LWGMS and our efforts to make our program as accessible to as many students as possible so they are empowered to be strong in mind, body, and voice.
- Food by Tom Douglas
Reservations: Alumna (Classes of ‘01-’11) Ticket $25 | Single Ticket $100 | Benefactor Ticket $175 | Table of 8 $750 | Benefactor Table $1,200 | Sponsorships $1,500 – $250
We encourage guests to ride share to the event!
Paid street parking is available throughout Belltown.
Parking Lots Nearby:
- 2312 1st Ave between Bell & Battery
- 2216 3rd Ave between Bell & Blanchard
- 314 Bell Street between 3rd & 4th
Our Sponsors – Thank you!
The excitement is building around the 20th Anniversary Gala, May 18! Do you have your tickets yet?
The Gala is all about supporting the girls and the financial aid fund, but it is also a wonderful opportunity to come together as a community. We hope there is a way for absolutely everyone to lend a hand and get involved.
Do you love….
A party? You could host a themed dinner or join forces with some friends and throw a cocktail party. Bikes or bowling, cooking or canoeing, if it is something you love to do and would be happy to share it with the community, please let us know. Click here if you are already inspired, or email us and we can brainstorm.
Here are some examples from last year's gala to get you started...
Dessert? The L-Dub Dash is a thing of beauty. The desserts are gorgeous, the competition to be first in line is serious, and the delicious end to a wonderful dinner raises a significant amount of money for the scholarship fund. If you are a baker or know all the best bakeries, click here to contribute something yummy.
Wine? What is a party without a great game? The L-Dub wine toss is a favorite annual event for many. Let’s stock the Toss with some great and favorite wines. Please consider a bottle around $20 to ensure the game is filled with winners! Lots of wine has come in with carpools in the past, or you could just drop in any time you are in the neighborhood. Let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need help figuring out how to get your donation to school.
Getting to know new people? We could use your help getting ready the day of the Gala. There will be many familiar faces and probably a few new ones. Set-up is a great way to be part of the event and make some new connections. Sign up here for a shift.
Thanks in advance for your enthusiastic support of our girls and LWGMS. We are looking forward to a wonderful evening.
THANK YOU for a successful 2017!
250 L-Dub fans attended this year's Gala!
Thank you for dashing for dessert, tossing for wine, taking a chance in a raffle, and raising your paddle high for the Fund-a-Need! Inspired by larger than life photos, an original slam poem, words of hope and wisdom from an alum and our Head of School, our community raised an unprecedented $195,000 for tuition assistance!
Thank you for your support! And if you or your spouse works for a company with a matching gift program, your tax-deductible donation to LWGMS could be matched and your donation could do even more for our girls! Please contact us if you need more information about matching gifts.
Save the date for the 2017/2018 gala, a celebration of 20 Years of L-Dub, at a new venue, Block 41, downtown Seattle's newest event venue! We'll be celebrating on May 18, 2018!